Re: localhost -- MARK -- ????????

Gene Heskett wrote:
[...]

Not Sigh. The question as I see it, must be 'how do we adjust this hey I'm bored interval' to something a little bit less distracting, like maybe once a day at midnight or some such sillyness? I'd much druther have real data in MY logs thank you. :)

man syslogd

-m interval
The syslogd logs a mark timestamp regularly. The default interval between two -- MARK -- lines is 20 minutes. This can be changed with this option. Setting the interval to zero turns it off
             entirely.