Re: HELP, Mixed system with apt pinning

Chris Lale wrote:
Tom Davidson aka Dutler wrote:

Hi, I need help setting up a mixed system with apt. This is my
first in the Debian list, but let me know if i mess up on
protocal... Back to apt pinning.

I have scoured through these websites: http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/ap...efault-version http://jaqque.sbih.org/kplug/apt-pinning.html http://wiki.serios.net/wiki/Apt-Pinning_on_Ubuntu Along with the
ubuntu, mepis, and linuxquestions.org forums.

I wonder, have you checked the manual page |apt_preferences(5)|, or
 |http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/| or the |apt-howto|
package?

Chris.

Martin Krafft's book, The Debian System, is very helpful on the whole
subject of pinning and running a system with multiple repositories. If (like me) you prefer having "proper books" rather than just online how-tos and man pages then that book is very useful indeed for a lot of aspects of running Debian.

See http://debiansystem.info for details.