Re: Technical Cyber Security Alert TA06-038A on Mozilla products

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 08:12 -0600, Kent West wrote:
> Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
>
> > The following appeared yesterday on vulnerabilities in Mozilla products:
>
> <snip>

[snip]

> <snip>

[snip]

> Short response: all apps have bugs. What matters is how quickly they get
> fixed and what the repurcussions of those bugs are. I'd much rather run
> FF and TBird as non-root on a system that makes a well-demarcated
> distinction between those apps and the underlying OS than to run a
> browser/email client on an OS that is inseparably entangled with those
> apps, on which OS bug fixes don't get released until the next official
> Patch Tuesday, and on which OS one is fairly-well forced to run as
> Administrator full-time in order for many of his programs to function
> properly. But that's just me.

You're acting too extreme.  Shouldn't you be more "moderate".

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

Instead of a trap door, what about a trap window? The guy looks
out it, and if he leans too far, he falls out. Wait. I guess
that's like a regular window.
Jack Handey