Re: Problems with X window system

ManuP wrote:

x-window-system as well as kdm is installed.
So that should not be the problem.

Maybe i should start from the beginning:
I have a text-based linux. What do I need to get eg. kde?
Is apt-get install kde not enough?

No; as mentioned, KDE does not depend on X, so simply installing KDE does not necessarily mean you have X installed.

"apt-get install x-window-system" should install X. Yet you say you have "x-window-system" installed, so I'm confused at this point.

Perhaps try "apt-get install x-window-system-core".

--
Kent