Re: Mixing SSI and PHP

El Mon, 06-02-2006 a las 21:10 -0800, David Kirchner escribió:
> On 2/6/06, Bill Wohler <wohler@newt.com> wrote:
> > Is it possible to mix both SSI and PHP in a .shtml file? If so, do you
> > have any configuration suggestions?
>
> I've tried various Apache configuration options and have not been able
> to get this to work. Some searching suggests that the only way to do
> it is by creating SSI pages that include PHP:

The proposed solution makes sense. Theoretically, you could think
the other way around and use PHP's template mode (e.g. the text in your
file where no <?php ?> are used) to include SSI or any other language in
a pre-processor chain but the problem remains how to apply the PHP
processing on the output of SSI.

For now, porting the SSI code to PHP sounds good.. I wonder if there
is such a tool in existence that ports automatically your SSI code to
PHP... it could prove useful.. one topic to investigate in search
engines :)

Regards,

Antonio.