Re: blaclisting i810_audio

On 2/5/06, Andreas Janssen <andreas.janssen@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> (Would be nice if you answered on-list, and on-list only. I don't need
> copies.)
Sorry. In gmail I try reply all for replying mails from list.
Ok. I will adhere to it.

> Am Sonntag, 5. Februar 2006 17:21 schrieb L.V.Gandhi:
> > Thanks for response.
> > Do you mean alsa utils?
>
> No, alsa-base. It will configure udev/hotplug/discover not to load the
> OSS modules.
Thanks. I will do that.

> > Whether hotplug is not useful with ifplugd for wifi and eth0
> > swtichover?
>
> If you use udev in testing/unstable, you don't need hotplug anymore as
> far as I know. udev replaces and extends it.

I have my /etc/network/interfaces as follows
lvgdell600m:~# cat /etc/network/interfaces

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

# Wireless... (this section may or may not already exist)
allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp

this takes care for ifplugd. If I remove hotplug, what should I have
here in place of allow-hotplug ?

--
L.V.Gandhi
http://lvgandhi.tripod.com/