Re: GRUB question

On Sun, Feb 05, 2006 at 02:18:06PM -0500, Curt Howland wrote:

>Having used LILO [quavering_voice] Since The Beginning,
>[/quavering_voice] I have done today my first install using GRUB.
>
>I would like the same console resolution I had with LILO with
>"vga=791". How is that specified in GRUB? It's not specified in the
>docs or examples. 80x25 seems so wasteful!

Take a look at /boot/grub/menu.lst. I've added the line

 # defoptions=vga=793

Then run `update-grub` to update the entries in the file.

/M

magnus@therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Finagle's Fourth Law:
Once a job is fouled up, anything done to improve it only makes it
worse.