Re: X-Server

Hello

Lothar Droll (<Lothar@drolls-web.de>) wrote:

> i try to install debian 3.1r1 for 4 times.

That's silly. One time is sufficient in your case.

> Every time with the same error. The x-server will not start. I tryed
> differend things (vga, vesa...) without any differences.

Run dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 instead of reinstalling. Select the
nv driver, and do say "yes" to using the kernel framebuffer. Make sure
you configured your monitor and mouse correctly. Set your keyboard to
pc105, not pc104. If you still habe problems, post all lines starting
with (EE) from /var/log/XFree86.0.log.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270