Re: Exim4 & SSL support

Hendrik Sattler ha scritto:
Marco wrote:
I have this in my /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template file:

log_selector = +tls_cipher +tls_peerdn
tls_advertise_hosts = *
tls_certificate = /etc/ssl/certs/exim4cert.pem
tls_privatekey = /etc/ssl/certs/exim4key.pem

When exim is started, if I try a netstat -punta |grep exim4 command I
have this output :
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:25              0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN     3781/exim4
Exim don't use the port 465 (for smtps).

Infact, if  I try to connect with an TLS encryption is OK, but if I try
to connect with an SSL encryption (on port 25)
the connection fail.

To support SSL directly, you must start another exim4 process with the options
-tls-on-connect
-oX <number or string>

See the exim4 manpage for details.
However note, that older Outlook Express is the only software that needs this.

HS

Hi Hendrik,
How to start another exim4 process with your options?
What I must change in my /etc/default/exim4 file?

Thanks
Marco