Re: gpg key error in unstable

On 2/4/06, Andreas Janssen <andreas.janssen@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> L.V.Gandhi (<lvgandhi@gmail.com>) wrote:
>
> > I have dell inspiron 600m. today I have loaded base sarge and upgraded
> > to unstable. I wanted to avoid the error
> > Install these packages without verification.
> > Hence as per info in debian-admin site I did as follows.
> >
> > apt-get install gnupg
> >
> > Once that's done you can either download the public key by running:
> >
> > root@mystery:~# gpg --keyserver keyring.debian.org --recv 4F368D5D
> > secring.gpg  is shown as 0 byte file
> >
> > root@mystery:~# cat ziyi_key_2006.asc | gpg --import
> >
> > I tried this also. Still I get error as mentioned above.
> > What should I do?
>
> You need to run apt-key, e.g.
>
> apt-key add ziyi_key_2006.asc

I have done this.
I got
 lvgdell600m:~# apt-key add /home/lvgandhi/ziyi_key_2006.asc
OK
After this also I got error message.

> Of course this only works /after/ you installed apt from
> testing/ustable. You can also install the debian-archive-keyring
> package and run `apt-key update`.
Hence, I did the above also. output as below.
lvgdell600m:~# apt-get install debian-archive-keyring
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
The following NEW packages will be installed
  debian-archive-keyring
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 6050B of archives.
After unpacking 53.2kB of additional disk space will be used.
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
  debian-archive-keyring
Install these packages without verification [y/N]? y
Get: 1 http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable/main debian-archive-keyring
2006.01.18 [6050B]
Fetched 6050B in 0s (8054B/s)
Selecting previously deselected package debian-archive-keyring.
(Reading database ... 85565 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking debian-archive-keyring (from
.../debian-archive-keyring_2006.01.18_all.deb) ...
Setting up debian-archive-keyring (2006.01.18) ...
gpg: key 1DB114E0: "Debian Archive Automatic Signing Key (2004)
<ftpmaster@debian.org>" not changed
gpg: key 4F368D5D: "Debian Archive Automatic Signing Key (2005)
<ftpmaster@debian.org>" not changed
gpg: key B5F5BBED: "Debian AMD64 Archive Key
<debian-amd64@lists.debian.org>" not changed
gpg: key 2D230C5F: "Debian Archive Automatic Signing Key (2006)
<ftpmaster@debian.org>" not changed
gpg: Total number processed: 4
gpg:              unchanged: 4
gpg: /etc/apt/trustdb.gpg: trustdb created

lvgdell600m:~# apt-key update
gpg: key 1DB114E0: "Debian Archive Automatic Signing Key (2004)
<ftpmaster@debian.org>" not changed
gpg: key 4F368D5D: "Debian Archive Automatic Signing Key (2005)
<ftpmaster@debian.org>" not changed
gpg: key B5F5BBED: "Debian AMD64 Archive Key
<debian-amd64@lists.debian.org>" not changed
gpg: key 2D230C5F: "Debian Archive Automatic Signing Key (2006)
<ftpmaster@debian.org>" not changed
gpg: Total number processed: 4
gpg:              unchanged: 4

However after this I tried to install adept, I got error once again as below.
vgdell600m:~# apt-get install adept
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
  debtags libtdb1
Recommended packages:
  libqt-perl
The following NEW packages will be installed
  adept debtags libtdb1
0 upgraded, 3 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 3126kB of archives.
After unpacking 8086kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
  libtdb1 debtags adept
Install these packages without verification [y/N]?
Where am I going wrong?
Any more info needed?

--
L.V.Gandhi