packages.debian.org status update?

[If there is a better forum for these questions, please advise and I'll redirect. Thank you]

Is there any more current information than what can be found here?:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2006/01/msg00035.html

That report is dated 8 January 2006 and it's now 3 February 2006. Nothing has changed. The site is still down.

I think that's some sort of record for web sites I've visited. :-)

In the above referenced email I read:

"packages.debian.org was disabled because the load of the machine hosting
it, saens.debian.org, which also is our only ftp.debian.org at the
moment, rose to 141.32, 135.82, 135.71, as on January 4th, due to
amongst others a cron job from packages.debian.org started in 2005 still
running -- and probably more. packages.debian.org was already very slow
for days, as multiple people noticed on IRC."

What type of cron job could have that been (he didn't say)? And is it *still* running?

And what does "and probably more mean"?

This all rather odd.

Again, I don'' recall a web server out of commission this long unless it was permanent.

In other words, what's the status now? What are the problems that prevent it from being back online? And lastly, is there any remote estimate as to when it will be back up?

Thanks. :)

Curiously,

--
Scott