Re: debian etch & sylpheed-claws-gtk not working

On 2/1/06, Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 19:57:35 -0800
> "Rodney D. Myers" <rdmyers.42@gmail.com> wrote:

> > debian etch & SC-gtk 1.9.100-2
> >
> > Sylphhed-claws-gtk is my preferred email client. Yet it seems while in
> > hospital it was broken.
> >
> > Everything is installed, yet when I run SC from within gdb, I get this
> > error message;
> >
> > gdb /usr/bin/sylpheed-claws-gtk2
> > GNU gdb 6.4-debian
> > Copyright 2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> > GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you
> > are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain
> > conditions.
> > Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
> > There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
> > This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu"...(no debugging symbols found)
> > Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/libthread_db.so.1".
> >
> > (gdb) run
> > Starting program: /usr/bin/sylpheed-claws-gtk2
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> > [Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
> > [New Thread -1227172160 (LWP 8724)]
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> > - ---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
> > - ---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> > (no debugging symbols found)
> >
> > (sylpheed-claws-gtk2:8724): Sylpheed-Claws-WARNING **: filtering
> > parsing: 2: parse error c
> >
> does the gui come up before this error message? what is the state of the program when this starts happening? I think this is one of your sylpheed filteres bombing on you. Try moving ~/.sylpheed*/filter* somewhere else and start-up again.
>
> its a shot in the dark.
>
> check out the sylpheed and sylpheed-claws mailing list.

I spent the last 2 hours trying to re-create my SC directory/account.
I removed ~/.sylpheed-claws, and started over. Still seg-faults.

With people on this list having it working, seems to be a debian
specific problem. When I di d ask on the SC mail list, they seem to
think its a GTK problem

any other ideas?