Re: UNRESOLVED: Re: Mutt: how to mark multiple spams?

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 09:45:06AM -0600, Lance Simmons wrote:

> I forgot to add that I have tried doing just what you say, and it does
> not work.  Only the currently-highlighted message has the macro
> performed on it.  Which kind of makes sense, because the macro records
> keystrokes.
>
> I'm looking for something that will allow me to tag multiple spams and
> then report them all with one keystroke.  What you describe isn't it, at
> least not with the macro quoted above.  Does anyone have a better
> suggestion?

If you don't mind changing the macro.. this works for me:

From my muttrc:

# SpamAssassin integration
# Delete is re-bound to move messages to Trash.
# They will be filed as ham by cron script
macro index d "s=Trash\n" "move message to trash"
macro pager d "s=Trash\n" "move message to trash"

# Spam that SA missed is manuall sent to spam folder
macro index X "s=spam\n" "file as Spam"
macro pager X "s=spam\n" "file as Spam"

# Junk/spam mail older than two days is automatically marked for deletion
# because it will have already been processed as spam by my cron script
folder-hook     "=spam" 'push "~d>2d"\n'

Then run this script from your crontab:

----Start Script----
#!/bin/sh

SPAMBOX=/home/$USERNAME/mail/spam
TRASH=/home/$USERNAME/mail/Trash

[ -w $TRASH ] || exit 1
[ -w $SPAMBOX ] || exit 1

# process Trash as ham
if /usr/bin/sa-learn --mbox --ham $TRASH
then
        # delete Trash
        /bin/cat /dev/null > $TRASH
        echo "ham processed"
else
        echo "ham not processed";
fi

# process spam, don't delete - I'll review it later by hand
/usr/bin/sa-learn --mbox --spam $SPAMBOX
echo "spam processed"

exit 0
----End Script----

This makes the macro very simple and it can be applied to multiple
messages in the same way I described in my first reply. I tested it
just now and it worked.

--
Ken