Re: remove a package entry that has "rc" in the begining on "dpkg -l"

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 01:17:31PM +0530, Siju George wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I understand that the package below is not installed but the
> confiruration files remain
>
> # dpkg -l |grep apache
> rc  libapache2-mod 4.3.10-16      server-side, HTML-embedded scripting languag
>
> How do I purge the configuration files too and get this package out of
> dpkg listing?
>
> Thankyou so much
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Siju

Hi,

When you remove a package, you can use the 'purge' option, so that also
the configuration files are removed.

sudo dpkg --purge libapache2-mod should do the trick.

You can use purge option also with aptitude or apt-get, see the man
pages for more details...

HTH
Simo
--