Re: gEDA-user: Tin pest

On Wednesday 01 February 2006 00:48, Larry Doolittle wrote:

And we are now officially Off Topic.

>Gene -
>
>On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 12:43:00AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> To Larry, all I'm getting from you now is a CR bounce.  I don't do
>> CR's.
>
>What's a CR?
>
>        - Larry

Back on the mailing list where you can read it Larry.  CR is Challenge
Response, wherein your server sends me an email to confirm that I am
indeed me, and I must respond by echoing the challenging message back
to your server before it will pass my original message onward to you.

I do not respond to any challenge response messages, ever.  Generally
its seen as a tool to build mailing lists for sale to spammers and I
get enough of that thank you.  You might want to check and see where
this list of valid emails is kept, and how secure that storage is.  If
this .gov server is managed by civilian contract, I'd make very sure
that isn't being done (selling this list) right now.

The fact that you are doing this from a .gov address has bad
implications in my mind for the maintainance of a true democracy.
Speaking as a taxpayer, you are supposed to be a public employee at the
end of the day since the constitution says "of the people, by the
people".

I, if I were a constituent within the bounds of your authority, or any
of your constituents should be able to contact you, assuming you are
the correct person to contact on a given subject, without any
artificial barriers to such communications.  Turn the CR off, or post
your private, off-duty messages from a normal server that doesn't
harass us.

To the debian-user list:  My apologies for the washing machine destined
laundry.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: