Re: maximize an xterm

debian <debian@benburb.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 10:21:58AM -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:

>> Hmm. Does he want to do this programatically? Does X or xterm
>> specify what signal? The kill command should be able to do it.

> Well, it is partially curiosity, but also:

> I write Lilypond files using xemacs.  I would like to program a function key, so that
> xemacs compiles my lilypond code and displays my pdf file in a maximised other window.

With xterm, you can do this in more than one way.  There's an escape sequence,
which is what xtermcontrol uses.

But that can be disabled (see the manpage resource allowWindowOps).

You can also use the translations resource to invoke the maximize() action.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net