Re: Running a remote graphic program

The simplest solution is if your client and server are both on
a trusted LAN (isolated or behind a firewall) such as my system
here where I am using a NCD X-Terminal to talk to my PCs. In this
case, you just set the DISPLAY environment variable
to the address of the display with something like
	export DISPLAY=my.host.name:0
You may need to grant access to the server if any form of
server access control is active. Usually 'xhost +' executed
from a session that already has access will disable the
access control for all clients.

If, on the other hand, the client and server are separated
by an un-trusted network, and/or the X-Server is behind
a NAT router (for example you are running an X app on
a remote host accessed via the internet, and your PC is
connected via a router connected to an internal lan, then
it is a bit more complex but you need to read up on
X tunneling through ssh.

Regards,
DigbyT

http://www.digbyt.com