Re: Eumex 300ip with debian woody router/iptables

On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 15:14 +0100, Mark-Walter@t-online.de wrote:
Hi List,

I've got two PC's the second one is acting as a gateway with
iptables.

My dsl-modem Eumex 300ip is connected through a lan cable.

I'am using internet with the old dsl-modem but I'am not
able to use the new one (Eumex 300ip).

What configuration steps are requird to ping my Eumex 300ip
in order to let the internet works ?

In the net I've found that a dhcp configuration on the
router side is required but I don't have a clue what I've
got to do now.

Does someone use the Eumex 300ip router and has it still
working ?

--
Best Regards,

Mark

Hi Mark,

I have not used your particular modem and router but this seems a general configuration question applicable to all these setups. You need to set the modem to act as dhcp server for the internal network, it will then assign an IP address to the router. Configure the router to act as dhcp server to your machine and configure your machine for dynamic IP address. They should then all see each other. However this shoulda been configured automatically right from the start if you powered the devices up in the right sequence.
Please bear in mind I am not familiar with how to configure that on your devices -presumably web interface.

--
Regards,
B.Hoffmann

Registered Linux User #398054