Re: Linux kernel 2.6.14 headers

Thank you all.

My problem is in finding the kernel headers for the 2.6.14 precisely, not with the installation of the VMware player.

Andreas, I also tried to install the 2.6.15 kernel from unstable but for some reason the kernel is unable to get my ethernet connection running. The interface exists but it cannot get a IP address through DHCP.

Thanks,
Antonio

Andreas Janssen wrote:
Hello

Antonio Rafael C. Paiva (<arpaiva@cnel.ufl.edu>) wrote:

I was trying to install the VMware player in my computer but it needs
to compile a few modules specifically to my kernel (2.6.14), so I was
wondering if anyone knows of a repository where I can get the package.

I tried to use other kernels but they fail to configure property my
ethernet connection, this is why I need to stick with this one.

Kernel 2.6.14 is not part of Debian anymore. Install 2.6.15 if you use
unstable.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--
António Rafael C. Paiva

Graduate student
Computational NeuroEngineering Laboratory
Electrical & Computer Engineering Department
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL 32611
WWW: arpaiva.webhop.net