Re: syntax of the menu

On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 02:28:13PM +0100, Cedric BRINER wrote:
>hi,
>
>I'd like to add a menu in the gnome panel (where there is already: Accessories, Graphics, Internet ...).
>I've read the man menufile and file:///usr/share/doc/menu/html/index.html. But I can't find how to do this?
>
>the syntax that I've used is:
>cat /usr/lib/menu/ugmenu
>?package(ugmenu):section="Unige" \
>  needs="X11" \
>  title="matlab v6.5p1" \
>  command="/net/cuilxc/export/unige/matlab_6.5p1/bin/matlab" \
>  icon="/usr/share/pixmaps/matlab.png"
>
>I've tried also '/Unige' for the section value, but without success.
>
>any hint on how to do this ?

It looks like you're trying to get your app into the Debian menu system.
AFAIK it won't be possible to put it in the place you want it, it'll end
up under a 'Debian'.

Have you tried using 'alacarte'?

/M

magnus@therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not
certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.
     -- Albert Einstein