Re: Installing Linux Kernel and RT Linux

Eduardo wrote:

Hello I'm new to Linux and working and reading a lot to understand it. I have downloaded the Kernel but haven't got a clue how to install it in a computer that will use only the Kernel and the RT Linux... Any help please Eduardo

I would begin by installing and learning a distribution (such as Debian or slackware), and learning it well.

I would then attempt to customize the system to use an RT kernel.

THEN I would cut out everything not absolutely neccessary.

Alternatively, www.linuxfromscratch.org is also a good learning experience and could give you some hints.