Re:

Hello,
     just a guess: it may be you are using a filesystem that does not
support access rights. E.g. all files and directories on FAT disks or
partitions have fixed access rights that can be set during the mounting
(same access schema for each fs element). On some SMB disk symlinks cannot
be created.

BR,
Roland