Volcano heatsink+fan makes 10-20 degrees diff. with AMD

Hi,

After installing an AMD XP 2700+ the CPU seemed too hot all the time.

I bought the processor and the heatsink/fan as a packaged deal.

Then I bought an Thermaltake Extreme Volcano 12 80mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan.

Turns out that makes a 10-20 degree difference!

This shows it:
http://img487.imageshack.us/my.php?image=modtempdisp012420064rm.jpg

Blue is the CPUtemp of an AMD Thunderbird 850MHz
Yellow + green is that of the XP 2700+ but with the packaged fan
Red + purple is the new fan.

Right now the room temp is 27C and in the past with the old fan the CPU temp would be 46C, it is 36C, with no CPU load to speak of.