Re: GMail like offline email client

On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 12:05:43PM -0500, Peter McAlpine wrote:
> It would be an interesting (and probably not too difficult) task to
> implement this with procmail and a couple scripts to hardlink emails
> into different Maildir directories.  Then pick your client of choice.
> In my case I'd pick mutt, which has limitless options for shortcuts.

I use fetchmail to pull the mail from my pop server and shunt it into
exim where it is scanned for spam and viruses.  Exim delivers it to
maildrop which puts it in the correct maildir.  I use mutt on my
machine, and run courier-imap for webmail and my home machine.

Here's a snippet of my .mailfilter
# ~/.mailfilter
MAILDIR="/home/sysjo/Maildir"

if ( /^List-Id:.*<debian-user.lists.debian.org>$/ )
   to $MAILDIR/.LISTS.Debian.user

to $MAILDIR