Re: How to combine computers?

Joseph Smidt wrote:
I'm sure you all have seen places where their are many computers networked
together.  Form any one of them you can access any of the accounts of the
others.  Multiple computers running the same system, like at office
computers all tied together.  My question is how do you do it?  I have two
computers and I want it so I can be one either one and run the same Debian
accounts.  I have hardware to link the two computers, but how do I connect
them software wise?

As said in a previous post, part of the solution is to use NFS for the home directory.

To share account information (ie users and passwords) one could use NIS.

For both systems there are server and client configurations.

For nis follow the instructions in /usr/share/doc/nis/nis.debian.howto.gz after installation.

Johannes