Re: Debian and Wireless on an IBM Thinkpad

Thank you for your reply.

I do not quite understand. First of all, am I right in saying that the
"auto eth0" line means that eth0 (wired, I presume) is the one that
the laptop tries to log on to first? Also, what exactly is the generic
syntax for the other wireless ones?

Thirdly, is there a program that tells which networks are in range
from which you can log onto one, supplying a password, if necessary?
An example is the Windows XP program. Is there a GNU/Linxu equivalent?

--
Leonid