Re: Sharing Linux printer with Mac

On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 01:36:26AM -0500, Chinook wrote:
> I've got my AppleTalk/zeroconf LAN setup working for file sharing -
> with netatalk and task-howl on the Linux box.
>

> When I had my printer connected to my Mac I could print to it from the
> Linux box with just CUPS whether the Mac AppleTalk connection with the
> Linux box was active or not.   Then I decided I wanted more desk space
> around my Mac and moved the printer to my Linux box.  Now I can print
> from my Linux box, but I can't seem to figure out how to print to it
> from my Mac :-P

Hi,

I remember from years ago that Mac<->Linux printing worked one way but
not the other. It was something to do with netatalk. Does a google on
netatalk+printing reveal anything. It was about 6 years ago so maybe its
been solved. In other words, it was a technical hurdle, not a
configuration issue.

If I was in your position I would start by assuming it _was_ not possible
and research into seeing if it is _now_ possible. Hopefully it will save
a lot of unnecessary head scratching and stress related diseases. :-)

--
Chris.
======