Re: Who should own my home directory?

Sounds like you have been using another flavour of unix. SCO has a
similar group structure to the one you describe. In linux the default is
to create a group for each user name that is created. I don't know why
it does this. It seems to me that a users group would be a more logical
way to go. But I'm sure that "the powers that be" have a good reason for
configuring it this way. Anyway it seems to me the the groups idea is
largely irrelevant and ignored by most people. I suppose that the only
reason it is not done away with is that it has been hard coded into the
unix from day one.

--
Glenn Meehan <glenn.meehan@optusnet.com.au>