Re: "Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion" error

On 20:00 Sat 21 Jan 2006, Jan Willem Stumpel wrote:
> >When I launch xdvi, xfontsel, I noticed an exceedingly long launch
> >time and the CPU load is 99%.
>
> >When these programs exit, I got a message:
>
> >Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion
>
> It is a long shot, but you could try
Pardon me.
What do you mean by 'a long shot" do you mean the problem is hard to solve?
> dpkg-reconfigure x-ttcidfonts-conf
> and set the "backend" to "freetype".

I did what you told me and the problem remains if the locale is zh_CN.UTF-8.
When I switch back to en_US.UTF-8, then the warning is gone.

Do you think it is because I installed some ttf fonts in my system?

--
regards
phyrster