Re: Firefox Configuration

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 12:41:37 -0500
Winton Roseland <wroseland@woh.rr.com> wrote:

> I recently installed Debian after running Knoppix for over a year.  I
> have installed Firefox as it was not added automatically.  I am trying
> to get a correct action when using this mailing list.  When using
> Windows, I can double click one of the reply to links and the email is
> configured to reply correctly (I thought that this worked from my
> Knoppix install also, I got into problems where Firefox would hang, so I
> started using Mozilla or Konqueor and the links no longer worked).  I am
> using Thunderbird and when I select a link nothing happens.  How can I
> configure it to work?
>
> Thanks.
> Winton
>

> --

It's a bit vague. How (where) do you read this list? What exactly do you expect when you (double?) click a link. Usually clicking a 'mailto:' link opens a mailer. What desktop environment/window manager do you use? (Gnome, Kde, other...) I assume KDE. And just like your other post, the subject is not very informative and misleading. You just said you stopped using Firefox because it would hang, so what browser do you want to configure? Mozilla or Koqueror?

Andrei
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)