xorg

Hello all,

I'm new on debian, and I like this os.

I switch the kernel i386 to 2.6.12-1-686-smp (for hyperthreading)
My laptop is a HP zd7258ea, with nvidia card GeForce FX Go5700.
Previously, I run a mandriva distrib that configure automatically my
laptop with the nvidia driver.
I need to plug a projector to the standard vga output, but I don't know
how can I process this with the driver nv.
Do you know a tool that permit to plug a screen automatically ? also for
the tvout ?
These problem are recursive on linux distrib when a plug and play are
available ?

I install etch from netinstall and put on my sources.list the link to
non-free.
but the nvidia driver are available only for the kernel 2.6.14.

If is possible I prefer a solution with the nv driver.

If anyone have an exemple ...
Thanks in advance

Guy