Re: cordless mice with USB connected base units

On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 10:59 -0900, Britton Kerin wrote:
> Do cordless non-bluetooth mice need weird drivers?
> Can I take a USB only cordless mouse with a base
> charger unit, plug it into some kind of USB_to_ps2
> adaptor plug, plug that into the connector where
> my PS2 mouse currently lives, and just be happy?

Works here on 5 or 6 Dell boxen. There may be an issue in the X config
file with the mouse protocol. And there's always the scroll wheel --
depends on what the current mouse is like.

For a good time, plug it into a USB port and use /dev/input/mice in the
X config file.

--
Glenn English
ghe@slsware.com