Re: (te)TeX recent changes

On Friday, 20 January 2006 at  2:30:06 +0100, Bruno Beaufils wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 12:06:20AM +0100, Ralf Stubner wrote:
> > '-Poutline'. But since dvips uses outline fonts by default, this file
>
> I do not remember why I use the config.outline file but I think it is because
> at a certain time dvips did not use outline fonts by defaut and that was the
> only solution I found at that time to force it doing so. But well I may be
> wrong.
>
> > Could you provide a *minimal* example file (shouldn't be longer than a
> > few lines) with which you get Type 3 fonts, even though you have
> > cm-super installed? That would help finding the reason for this.
>
> Here it is (a note for Norbert : you may forget my previous mail this one is
> largely shorter and more helpful :-).
>
> It was not easy to find this minimal example but it is a very surprising
> one. I am not sure if it is the only one not working but at least this one
> produce the problem I described.

> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage[francais]{babel}
> \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
> \usepackage{type1ec}
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \begin{document}
> \end{document}
>
> latex minimal.tex ; dvips minimal -o ; ps2pdf minimal.ps && xpdf minimal.pdf
>
> produces
>
> Error: Bad bounding box in Type 3 glyph

So it does!  -- but it renders perfectly.

It is only the 'j' that does it.  'jjjjjjjj yyyyy FFF' produces 8
errors, and 'yyyyy FFF' gives none.  Must be a font problem.

\textrm jj  yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
\textbf{jjj}
\texttt{jjjj}

(or the same with \textsf in place of \textrm,
or the same with \textit in place \textbf)

gives 5 errors, so typewriter is error-free.

I don't know where that gets us, though.

--
richard