No nautilus window pops up when media inserted

Hi all,

Since i got no reply on the gnome-nautilus ML i am trying my luck here. :-)

I am running Debian testing (i386) on an Athlon64, Kernel is 2.6.12 w/ Debian patches.

When i insert a memory stick into USB, gnome-volume-manager
automatically mounts the media under /media/usbdisk.
However, no nautilus window pops up, nor do i see a corresponding icon
on the desktop.

gnome-volume-properties shows that all needed features (mount/browse
when inserted) are enabled.

Any ideas where to look for error messages or such? Who should signal nautilus that a new device is available?

Nautilus is 2.10.1

Regards,

Heinrich Rebehn

University of Bremen
Physics / Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications -

Phone : +49/421/218-4664
Fax   :            -3341