Re: LDAP madness! - FIXED (I think)

> Pete,
>
>     Without the LDAP entry you're attempting to authenticate against it
> is hard to say. I have gotten Samba to work with LDAP before; however, I
> don't currently have it setup as I'm re-structuring my LAN servers at
> the moment. Of interest in the LDAP entries is that Samba has it's own
> schema of attributes for which it looks for to authenticate and they are
> not the same used for POSIX authenticates typically used for PAM & NSS
> authentication. It actually maintains two (2) password attributes for
> Samba IIRC.

I believe I've fixed the problem - a tad embarrassing, but when creating
the new users with smbldap-useradd I didn't use the -a switch, which
indicates that it should create the samba schema "stuff" as well as just
the posix data! - Doh!
I thought it would automatically do that, but I guess not!

The examples I found on the net just used smbldap-useradd -m <username> -
this does not allow the user to be authenticated via samba..the -a switch
is required for that..

Anyway, I now have a working Unix/Linux/Windows single logon - I just need
to check things like passowrd synching now!

Cheers,

Pete.