aptitude and my DVD drive

I added a few DVDs to my sources.list using apt-cdrom.  I tried adding
some new packages with aptitude, and it wanted me to "insert the
following disc into drive "/cdrom/".  I inserted the appropriate disc
into the drive I had used apt-cdrom with, but aptitude didn't find
it.  As it happens, on that IDE channel, the DVD drive is the slave
device.  I use ide-scsi, so the actual device name is /dev/scd1.  I
have left the mount point set appropriately in fstab, as I had to do
to use apt-cdrom to begin with.

Does anyone know how I can get aptitude to look in the correct drive?
If it matters, it looks like I'm using udev.