Re: Fw: Debian Sarge AMD64 and SATA

Alessandro Pluchino
YES.
Sarge has problems doing SATA installs.
I had to put it on 30 Dell machines. In order to get to work I had to go
into the CMOS/BIOS and change the HDD to Combination. Not sure what that
means exactly there was very little explanation there. I suspect it makes
it act less like a serial and more like a parallel IDE drive.
Doing that let me install Sarge.

There are a number of other schemes that will also work when something as
simple as what I did does NOT work. Search on the net....I expect others
will offer solutions on this email list as well.

RbtBotL
Craig - ><>

 o    BU SysAdmin
/|\  607 777 6827