Proxy server related issue

Hello!

I'm planning to setup proxy server.
The situation as follows:
1) I have mail server, which works also as firewall and router. This
mail server has 2 NIC, one connected to ADSL modem, 2nd to HUB, allow
other computers in the LAN to go to internet
2) As the situation is that I can't setup proxy server in the mail
server, I have to setup proxy server separately.
3) You can see the picture following the link, I want other computers
in the LAN to go to internet trough the proxy server, and only proxy
server has to go to internet through the mail server, i.e. for all
computer in the lan gateway is proxy server with ip 192.168.0.2, and
for proxy server gateway is mail server with internal ip 192.168.0.1.

http://tenzan.web.kg/proxy_server.jpg

The question is:
1) Is is implementable what I proposed above?
2) Or I have to put mail server behind the proxy server, in that case
I will need to insert one lan card more for adsl modem?

Thanks,
askar