Re: Does NVIDIA 128 MB RAM (Pine) AGP Card support 1280x1024 and play mpeg videos in X windows?

>Rishi
<snip>
> But I'm unable to play mpeg videos in 1280x1027 resolution.

>So therefore I wanted to know if I buy this video card: Pine, 128 MB
>NVIDIA AGP Card, FX model, that it would work on my Debian Sarge
>system - meaning get high resolution and play mpeg videos?

You really need to tell us a little more about your system, I assume you have
a SIS chipset and what to know if you can switch graphics cards to get a
higher resolution.

A lot of that depends on the monitor, lcd, or display you are using. Some
displays cannot support that resolution.  Search with google, for your
display and see it if supports that resolution.

Does your motherboard support an AGP slot, some intergrated video motherboards
do not support, or have a AGP slot. It would be kind of silly to buy a card
that can not be used on your board.

If your talking about playing higher resolutions such as HD content in 1080i
or 1080p playback, you might not have the cpu power to do that.  It's also a
good chance if you have a vga monitor that it will not support the higher
resolutions that HD will demand. I would suggest you post your system spec's
and then we can get a better idea of what is required.

Gnu_Raiz