Re: Re: su/sudo cannot X

thanks, sux works beautifully.
but still I don't understand why sudo -s has problems,
and on my desktop, on problem at all, and I don't remember
doing special thing on it.

As about the security concern, why is it more secure not to
let root log into X than otherwise? why is not letting root start X
client after su/sudo by default a good policy?  I just feel it is a
bit funny, root can do anything, it just can't open a damn window.
Maybe I really need to dig into xauth manual for an answer.

Lei

Or you can try "sux"

# apt-cache show sux
Package: sux
Section: admin
Installed-Size: 64
Maintainer: Millis Miller <millis@faztek.org>
Architecture: all
Version: 1.0.1-3
Recommends: xbase-clients
Filename: pool/main/s/sux/sux_1.0.1-3_all.deb
Size: 8560
MD5sum: 868e114a14297b521a55a329c45c7d3b
Sux is a wrapper around the standard su command which will transfer
your X credentials to the target user.
.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sux/
( from http://fgouget.free.fr/sux/ )
Tag: admin::login, interface::commandline, security::authentication,
use::login, x11::application