Re: Replacement for webmin in Debian? was: Debian Weekly News - January 17th, 2006

Michael Bellears wrote:

I have a few installs that are using webmin. What packages in debian provide similar functionality in a web based interface? I looked at gosa, but it is ldap centric and didn't seem to provide the general purpose web config interface that webmin does.

Any reason you can't use the source version directly from
http://www.webmin.com/? It's trivial to install (Unpack, run setup.sh),
then all future updates are done within webmin.
No reason why I can't. It's just that one of the reasons why I like Debian is that most of what I need is already packaged, and another thing I don't have to worry about from the perspective of security updates.