Re: More information about 'installer for the blind - Speakup"

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 28, 2005 at 10:28:49AM +0100, Petra Ritter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to this List and a newbe to Linux as well. I hope I am on the
> 'right' list other way please point me to an list were I am 'right'.
>
> I am visually impaired and I plan to setup a Debian system in the next
> flew months.
>
> On the page http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/debian-installer/ I
> find some informations about an 'installer for the blind'.
>
> Please could give me someone more information on this installer?
> Is it a specially installer or it it 'only' a boot floppy with support
> for speech and/or braille display which give access to the standard
> installer from Debian 3.1?

There is modified net-install CD image available that uses
speakup-modified kernels, allowing independent installation of sarge
with speech or braille. You may then choose to have one of those kernels
installed in the running system. You can choose 2.4.27 or 2.6.8. It is
otherwise a standard sarge net-install disk. You can find it at:

http://people.debian.org/~shane/netinst-speakup/

The iso image is 150 MB and has good documentation.

Chuck.

--
The Moon is Waning Gibbous (90% of Full)
But you can still get downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh