Re: Connecting to net with Debian 3.0

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 08:30:06 +0100, Shane Clement wrote:
> I have a Toshiba Satelliite A30 laptop with a 40 Gig drive,
> half of which is given to Debian.  I have used pppconfig to
> set up for connecting to the net as via "provider".  After
> entering
>
>                pon
>
> he plog listing says that the connect script failed but
> does not say where.  Is there a way I can find where the
> script failed?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Shane
>
> To reply, please remove NOSPAM from the Reply-To address (becomes the To address when sending.

Wow!  Its been awhile since I used ppp; but I thnk you can find sets of
debug options in /etc/ppp/options or something like that. Seems that I
remember being able to generate more log reporting by including some kind
of debug command in the options file somewhere.  May have to read about
some of the commands that can go into a ppp options file and see.

--
Michael Perry | Do or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
mperry@lnxpowered.org | http://www.lnxpowered.org