2.6.15, pcmcia and make-kpkg

Hi!

I'm trying to build 2.6.15 (from stock kernel.org sources) with
 make-kpkg on my laptop. Everything works out fine, except for PCMCIA/
 PCCARD support. I have all the relevant options set in the kernels
 .config as modules, but make-kpkg binary just won't build them. No
 yenta_socket.ko, no pcmcia_core.ko, nothing. All the other modules I
 expect are there, though. If I run a make modules the PCMCIA modules
 are built all right, and if I do a make modules_install after
 installing the kernel-image package make-kpkg built, they're even
 usable.

# find /lib/modules/2.6.15/ -name \*yenta\*
# make modules_install
<snip>
# find /lib/modules/2.6.15/ -name \*yenta\*
/lib/modules/2.6.15/kernel/drivers/pcmcia/yenta_socket.ko

If I look at what's in the kernel-image produced by make-kpkg, there's
 >1k modules in there
# dpkg -L kernel-image-2.6.15 | grep module | grep .ko | wc -l
1325
 just not the the PCMCIA-related ones. It's kinda, umm, frustrating, to
 say the least ;)

Any hints for me? google was no help at all.

kernel-package is 8.135, .config looks like
# PCCARD (PCMCIA/CardBus) support
#
CONFIG_PCCARD=m
# CONFIG_PCMCIA_DEBUG is not set
CONFIG_PCMCIA=m
CONFIG_PCMCIA_LOAD_CIS=y
CONFIG_PCMCIA_IOCTL=y
CONFIG_CARDBUS=y

#
# PC-card bridges
#
CONFIG_YENTA=m
CONFIG_PD6729=m
CONFIG_I82092=m
CONFIG_I82365=m
CONFIG_TCIC=m
CONFIG_PCMCIA_PROBE=y
CONFIG_PCCARD_NONSTATIC=m
(which is pretty much from copying the 2.6.8-2-686 .config and running
 make oldconfig)

cheers,
&r<not a kernel guru, just annoyed that ACPI shutdown doesn't work with
   2.6.8-2-686 on his Thinkpad R51>w
--
-- "... if you have lively sex while shaved you LEARN why
--  evolution put fur there."                      - tori