Re: Mouse configuration

Don wrote:

I've looked and I've looked and I can't find an answer to this one. I had a Woody upgraded to Sarge Debian system running for some time. Had my Logitech mouse as a PS/2 and did not have the wheel mouse functionality. Due to a bad decision on my part I got my system into a position where I could not get some package modules to load up and get configured (kept getting an error relating to ldconfig). Anyway I backed up my data that I wanted to keep and went for a clean install (I know M$ method but it was faster). Well when I reloaded I made a very POOR decision and chose a wheel mouse type for my mouse instead of the PS/2. I figured a mouse is a mouse. Anyway when the system came up with the GUI my mouse goes haywire. Mouse clicks close windows. Moving the mouse selects windows, closes windows. Its crazy. Anyway I worked through the issues to upgrade my kernel from 2.2.20 to 2.4.27. In the configuration I selected PS2 mouse support. The upgrade went well but no change in the mouse actions? I've goggled till my fingers hurt. Is there a way to change the mouse configuration? Don

Ctrl-Alt-F1
then "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86" as root. Select the correct mouse settings. Restart X.

(This makes a lot of assumptions; you're not running gpm, you're running XFree86 rather than X.org; you've not manually tinkered with the XF86Config-4 file, etc etc etc)

--
Kent