Re: thumderbird web links in firefox

Ivan Glushkov wrote:

Dear all,

when I click on a web link in a mail in Thunderbird, I would like firefox to open it. The onlything that actually happens is that a new window in Firefox is opened and the default homepage is opened. Do you have any idea how to change this? Googling around, I saw that by default frirefox should open the link in the latest open window/tab, but that's not happening in my case.

    Cheers,
    Ivan

If you are using KDE or GNOME you have to configure on preferred applications what browser to use. Be sure that the correct executable is selected. You also need to have configured the alternative, make sure that you have a symlink to firefox in /etc/alternatives called x-www-browser. If not, open a shell and (as root) write:
ln -s /usr/bin/firefox /etc/alternatives/x-www-browser

Once I red it has to point to "/usr/bin/firefox %u" or something like that, but it just works fine for me as /usr/bin/firefox.

gabriel@localhost:~$ ls -l /etc/alternatives/x-www-browser
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 2006-01-06 19:32 /etc/alternatives/x-www-browser -> /usr/bin/firefox

--
Cheers

--
Gabriel Parrondo
Linux User #404138

"In theory there's no difference between the theory and the practice. In the practice There is."