Problem removing packages when their uninstall procedures fail

Hello,

I have a broken debian package from a third party vendor which I want
to uninstall from a debian sarge system.

Unfortunately, the package demands to run a buggy script prior to
uninstalling, which always fails, thus blocking the uninstallation
procedure.

I want to remove this package completely from the package manager's
database without caring whether its prerm script fails, no matter the
consequenses. I could remove each file from the package by hand, but
that still leaves me with a corrupted dpkg database, blocking me from
using the package manager.

Using "dpkg -r --force-all" doesn't seem to do the trick.

Is there another way to force an uninstallation of a broken package?
Is there a solution I am missing? Could you point me in the right
direction as to what to do? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Regards
--
Stoilis Giannis