Re: I would like to run an FTP server on my Debian box

On 1/14/06, Tyson Varosyan <tigran@tigran.com> wrote:
<snip>
> I am very new to linux and even newer to Debian. I have kernel 2.6 in
> non-gui mode and I would like to run a very simple FTP server on a custom
> port. I have apt installed and did a search for FTP and was overwhelmed by
> the number of downloads out there.
<snip>

Dear Tyson,
I would recommend vsftpd. It's a nice small ftp server that has always
worked well for me. It is packaged in debian and the man page
"vsftpd.conf" should contain everything you need to configure it for
your needs.
There are many other ftp daemons packaged for debian. If vsftpd does
not offer you what you need you could try pureftpd and proftpd which
seem to be more "feature rich". I hope this helps you.
-David Mattli