Re: Where to find latest unstable kernel src without messing sarge?

A. F. Cano wrote:
Hi all,

packages.debian.org has been down for quite a few days now and I haven't
been able to find a way to download kernel-source-2.6.15.whatever.deb,
presumably the latest kernel package available for unstable.

The temporary/under construction packages page says to use apt, but from
everything I've been able to figure out this requires changing the
/etc/apt/sources.list to include unstable and I'd rather keep sarge
really sarge.  All I want is a place to DL the latest debian source
kernel to compile locally.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.

A.

PS I need a kernel later than the standard 2.6.8 because of a problem
in the sound system drivers that prevent recording on an audigy card
from working.  This has been traced by others to bad drivers and is
apparently fixed by upgrading.

Hi,

I'm running Etch (testing) and needed a few components from unstable. I added unstable to my sources list and in Synaptic set my preferences to "prefer" testing. If you're not using Synaptic, maybe other package managers would provide the same functionality and since apt is used by any (?) package managers there must be a selective option in such (though I have not looked for it).
HTH,
Lee C