Re: display popup message on X with crontab

on Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 09:29:54AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom (hvw59601@care2.com) wrote:
> Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> >Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> And xmessage has no beep facility.

The more general problem is that most sound servers suck, and if I'm
already accessing the sound device (e.g.:  playing oggs in xmms), I
can't play an additional alert.

What's the recommended soundserver to use in this case?

I'm apparently running i810_audio, ac97_codec, and soundcore, and
possibly esound.  I really haven't kept up with this.

Peace.

    Q: How does one properly cook a hyena?